While reviewing the Belux Blog, I noticed the announcement of Exam 74-322 Microsoft Lync Server 2010—Advanced Design and Deployment Beta Exam. Both, Tommy Clarke Ståle Hansen already had the exam experience, however, Ståle didn’t pass the exam L, Tommy did it and mad a nice summary at his blog.
Beta Exam Overview
- This exam focuses on advanced Lync voice and video workloads.
- The exam is intended to narrow the gap between the knowledge and skills of Lync MCITPs and Lync Microsoft Certified Masters (MCM) though training and certification exams that are at a higher level of difficulty than Ignite and MCITP level (200-300) exams.
- Candidates taking this exam may include consultants, support engineers, telephony engineers or administrators working independently or for various types of organizations.
- Candidates taking this exam should be able to use their knowledge of their or their customer’s IT environment and business objectives to design and deploy appropriate solutions to customer problems. The candidate should also be able to provide technical guidance to junior consultants, support engineers and administrators. The candidate is the initial point of escalation in a mission critical environment.
- Design, Deploy and Maintain Lync Server Infrastructure
- Design topology, server placement and infrastructure dependencies
- Design user policies
- Design RBAC
- Backup and Recover Lync Server
- Design and Deploy Conferencing and Video
- Design conferencing scalability
- Design a video conferencing infrastructure
- Design and Deploy Voice
- Design and configure emergency services and location information services
- Design and configure voice applications, devices and features
- Design and deploy unified messaging
- Design a dial plan and voice policies
- Design and configure network services
- At least one year of previous hands-on Lync Server experience designing, installing, configuring and supporting across all workloads, with an emphasis on voice and video, in small and mid-size enterprise deployments.
- Functional understanding of Lync Server architecture and design including designs that feature multiple locations/pools, all Lync workloads and requirements for high availability.
- Candidates new to Lync/OCS should complete formal training in 10533AD Deploying, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and10534AD Planning and Designing a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solution.
- 10533A: Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (5 Days)
- 10534A: Planning and Designing a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solution (5 Days)
- It is also recommended for candidates to have passed both the TS and PRO Exams (100/200 level).
- Exam 70-664: TS: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Configuring
- Exam 70-665: PRO: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Administrator
Anyway, the exam is 80 questions to be answered though 02:45 [hh:mm], with price of 50.00 USD. You may use the Promotion/ Discount Code LYNC322 to have the Discount Amount of -50.00 USD.
The Exam is Beta and the promotion code is valid till end of February. The exam will be released in Mar-Apr with about 40 questions.