Sonus is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world’s largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, call 1-855-GO-SONUS .
On August 27, 2012, Sonus Completed Acquisition of Network Equipment Technologies, to have Combination Brings End-to-End Portfolio of Enterprise Session Border Controllers to Accelerate Deployment and Adoption of SIP Trunking and Unified Communications.
Acquisition Key Takeaways:
- Completion of Network Equipment Technologies (NET) Acquisition Expands Session Border Controllers (SBC) Portfolio, Opens New Channels and Adds Federal Government Installed Base
- Sonus Offers Microsoft® Lync™ Certified SBCs for Enterprise Core and Branch Locations As Well As for Service Provider Deployments
- Combined Sonus-NET Product Roadmap to be Unveiled September 5th, 2012
Session Border Controllers SBC:
A Brilliant solution for Tier 2/3 service providers and medium-to-large enterprises (250 to 10,000 concurrent sessions). Offers the main features of:
1. Unique design with embedded transcoding/encryption processing for unbeatable real-world performance and scalability
2. Advanced policy and routing intelligence – embedded or in an external routing server
3. New IP-based multimedia services beyond VoIP (IM, presence, Web 2.0)
4. Superior protection against network attacks, overload and outages while preserving stateful call handling
5. A proven SIP trunking solution with support for multiple SIP variants from IP-PBX vendors
6. Built-in media transcoding featuring custom-built DSP firmware
With the new family members SBC 1000 formerly known as NET UX 1000 and SBC 2000 formerly known as NET UX 2000, the unique features below is added to Sonus portfolio;
1. Full SBC SIP security, demarcation, policy, and interworking functionality (including media interworking)
2. Microsoft® Lync™ enhanced gateway/SBA (Survivable Branch Appliance) services for small to mid-size offices
3. Alternate SIP trunk(s) and/or TDM gateway for assured continuation of services
4. Analog ports for fax and low cost phones
This section included the Ex-NET Product VX series, VX900, VX1200 and VX1800 side by side with NX1000 and Promina.
- ASX Telephony Application Server
- Access Directory Server
- VoIP Activator Provisioning Tool
- Insight Customer Portal
These comprehensive analytics solutions provide:
- Proactive monitoring on voice quality and network performance
- Assurance that system configurations are intact
- Understanding of end-users’ Quality of Experience
- Making data into actionable information
Each of the Network Performance Assurance solutions offers the following unique set of capabilities:
- Sonus NetScore: powerful real-time analytics solution that uncovers valuable voice quality and network metrics across the entire network.
- Sonus NetAssure: Advanced and Innovative approaches to managing voice quality.
- Sonus NetEng: Historical network analytics that delivers network capacity planning, trending and configuration baselines of Sonus network elements.
- PSX Centralized Policy and Routing Server
- CPS Centralized Policy Server
- Number Translation Server
- IMS Breakout Gateway Control Function Server
- Value Based Routing Server
SGX 4000, GSX 4000 and GSX 9000 have new members to the family. The AF and AX Tenors series.
“For all legacy NET customers, click here to proceed to NET.com for trouble tickets and support”